Friday, February 28, 2014

Storytelling 3: Lost on Planet Xyro (Based on a Journey)


“Mayday mayday, our ship is being hit by some kind of asteroid!!”

“We need assistance and back up right now as soon as possible!!”

“Boom!!!”

I looked about me at the desolated landscape. I realized that I was the sole survivor. Our ship had actually crashed on a planet known as Planet Xyro. The planet had been called that as there were very few things on it which could support life. Unfortunately, I was on it. I am totally doomed unless they sent me rescue ship.
Me and my fellow crew were on a journey to search for the lost Earth’s settlement on the planet. One of the Earth’s settlement on Planet Xyro had gone off the air a month ago. Earth’s government is concerned about it and there were many speculations made as to what could have happened to them. To the best f our knowledge, the planet was not inhabited by other beings. The planet itself is fertile at only one end and so the settlement had established itself there.

They were to make radio contact once a day to report that all was well. They had not called for months and this has made us on Earth worried. We had been sent to see what might have happened to them. Coincidentally, our ship crashed landed here after being hit by an asteroid. Our journey itself had taken a month, so it meant that we had not heard from the settlement for quite long time.

I buried my friends and said a short prayer to the Divine One. Then I seized hold of the survival kit and walked away. I could expect to be rescued in a month’s time. The desert sun was furious and I rationed my food and water supply. I decided that if I wanted to survive for a month, I had to reach the fertile side of the planet. I took my bearings and walked. It took me a few nights of walking before I came to an oasis. I walked at night and rested during the day. Here in planet Xyro, the day and night cycle is much faster than in Earth. The journey to the fertile side was endless and I almost gave up.

Before long, I realized the hopelessness of the situation I was in, but love of life made me struggle on. Then one day, I had it. I decided that I could not move another step and laid down to die. I must have passed out. When I woke up, I realized I was in a home. The lady who was attending to me explained that they had found me in the sand few hours ago. I was dying. I realized then that this was the earth settlement. They were alive and well. Only their radio had broken down.

I stayed with them until another rescue mission came to rescue us two months later. I did not go back to earth but stayed on at Planet Xyro as one of the settlers. I just grew to like it and the simple life it offered. Finally, my journey has ended…..

No comments:

Post a Comment