Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Media & Society_05 - Oscar 2015


Oscar 2015 was packed with impressive and outstanding films. All of them deserved it. Thanks to their dedication and handwork. Neil Patrick Harris was such an amazing host. His opening performance with Anna Kendrick and Jack Black was entertaining and funny. Birdman, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, took home most of the awards, dominating the Oscar.

But my favourite film of 2014 was The Grand Budapest Hotel, directed by Wes Anderson. Even though it didn't won an award for the Best Picture or Cinematography, it receive an award for Best Original Score, Achievements in Production Design, Costume Design and Make-up & Hairstyling. I was really impressed with it's art direction and the style of the film.

But the best film in my opinion was Interstellar. Though it did not won a lot of awards, I was happy that Interstellar won for Best Visual Effects even though I was expecting either Captain America: The Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy to claim the trophy.

I really admired the handwork and passion that the directors and the crew have put in. As a film student myself, I picture them as an inspiration. Hopefully one day, I am able to produced a really good film and get nominated in the Oscars. It's okay to dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment