Sunday, March 23, 2014

Digital Photo Media: Light as Subject (Exercise 2)

This is the series of photographs taken by me. The theme given from our lecturer was Light as a Subject. This is something really really new to me. I was abit blank and have no idea at all about the topic. After all the explanantion, research and consultation, I had a clear understanding about the topic.  I explored different kinds of techniques and ways to portray light as the main subject. Light painting, bokeh and some abstract shot. This assignment has helped me to have a better knowledge in handling and adjusting the camera. I have to be more observant of the surroundings and understand the uses of lights in photography.

The sunlight that is shining on them from behind creates the superhero kind of a feeling in to it. 

When I first showed this to my friend, they thought it was some futuristic modern buildings in Singapore. Actually, it's a multi story carpark at a HDB estate. 

An abstract way to use light as the main subject.


This is the silhouette of the Super tree at the Gardens by the Bay during sunset.

Here's another abstract photo.

This is the bokeh effect that I have tried. It's actually the Helix Bridge that connects the Marina Bay Sands and The Youth Olympics game Park. To create that bokeh effect, you just need to play around with the focus.

A light painting of me doing the famous anime pose, The Dragonball Z. It's one of the interesting way to portray light as the main subject.









No comments:

Post a Comment